Re: NANFA-L-- central mudminnow gravel consumption

Mike Austin (emasquinongy-in-yahoo.com)
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:54:07 -0800 (PST)

Mike,

My guess is that the diet you provide your mudminnows is superior....live and frozen foods are best...I was just trying to provide something that was easy....although quite expensive. I swear the bag of Hikari carnivore sinking pellets was around $15.00 whereas a similar sized bag of any other pellet on the same rack was about $4.99. My brindled madtom, golden shiners, and blackstripe topminnows all go crazy over those pellets. It is only the mudminnows that have a tough time once they land on the ground.

I think it wasn't an article as much as I was search the nanfa listserve (I did a google search and just typed the words "NANFA - Feeding Central Mudminnows" ....I think there is also a to Hikari Discus Sinking Pellets....I wonder if they are a differnt color.

Mike

Mike Haren <mh4mac-in-comcast.net> wrote:
Mike,

Which article did you read, I must have missed it. My eastern
mudminnows are fed on a diet of frozen brine, live blood worms and live
tubiflex. Every now and then I gather some copepods and they have a
heyday with them. Oh and the occasional cherry shrimp I transfer to the
tank. It is a useless attempt to establish some but I keep trying. Is
this an ok diet for them?

Mike Haren TomsRiver ,NJ

On Dec 14, 2005,-in-7:03 PM, Mike Austin wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>
> I have been maintaining central mudminnows for the most part on
> Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets after reading a Nanfa article.
Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts-in-Yahoo! Shopping