Re: NANFA-L-- new collectors

Bob Bock (bockhouse-in-earthlink.net)
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:55:21 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Thanks for talking to these people, Bob.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Muller <michiganfish-in-wideopenwest.com>
Sent: Feb 16, 2005 5:41 PM
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Subject: NANFA-L-- new collectors

Last month I gave a talk on darters to the Greater Detroit Aquarium Society.
I just got an E-mail from a member that heard the talk. He went out
collecting on his own with a makeshift net, and came home with rainbow and
fantail darters. Remember it's below freezing here and he had never done
this before. He also commented that it was going to be fun taking his
grandson with him so this isn't a kid. He said he would be joining NANFA.
I have given maybe 10 talks on native to the club in the last 8 years and
never before have I had someone jump into it like this.

Bob Muller
Red Run (the ghost river of Royal Oak)
A tributary of the Clinton River
Great Lakes Watershed, Michigan