Re: NANFA-L-- Tank rack plans

Peter Unmack (peter.lists at)
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:25:05 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, Bob Bock wrote:

> Anyone know of any on-line plans or instructions for putting together an
> aquarium rack? I need to make a rack for a half dozen or so ten gallon
> tanks.

Make sure you leave a minimum of 8 inches between the top of the tank and
the bottom of the rack above it (make sure you allow for the thickness of
the shelf material). I've made several metal racks and also ones out of
cinder blocks and wood. The latter are very cheap and easy and can be
easily remodelled, but take up a bit more space.

Cheers
Peter