Re: NANFA-L-- Raising Ghost Shrimp

Moontanman-in-aol.com
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 15:35:06 EST

--part1_1a3.2d29d9cb.2f09b4fa_boundary

archimedes-in-bayspringstel.net writes:

> Quoting henry jeff <henryjeff-in-pure.net>:
>

> > Freshwater shrimp need iodine to thrive and breed. I use "Reef Iodide:
> from
> >
> > Seachem. I add about 1 drop per 5 gallons. I do this when I am doing a
> > water change.
>
> They like still water. Any current and they will not do well. At all.
>
> --Irate

I think there is considerable difference in what we know as ghost shrimp. I'm
not sure how many different species there are but I do know that some of them
reproduce like crayfish and release fully formed young and other produce
larvae that stay in the water column the former are easier to breed by far. Your
problems with breeding could be due to the species you have.

moon

In a message dated 1/1/05 5:19:59 P= M Eastern Standard Time, archimedes-in-bayspringstel.net writes:

Quoting henry jeff <henryjeff-in-pure.net>:

> Freshwater shrimp need iodine to thrive and breed.  I use "Reef Io= dide: from
>
> Seachem.  I add about 1 drop per 5 gallons.  I do this when I= am doing a
> water change.

They like still water. Any current and they will not do well.  At all.<= BR>

--part1_1a3.2d29d9cb.2f09b4fa_boundary-- /----------------------------------------------------------------------- / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes / Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA, / visit http://www.nanfa.org Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are / consistent with the guidelines as per / http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html To subscribe, / unsubscribe, or get help, visit the NANFA email list home page and / archive-in-http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/