Re: NANFA-L-- Speaking of Parasites- mummichog

Bob Bock (bockhouse-in-earthlink.net)
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:52:45 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Well, if water isn't too a fish's liking then it make sense that frequent water changes would remove the stress of nitrogenous wastes and other wastes. If the fish is already weaker because of water it's not suited to it, then even a slight amount of ammonia and other wastes will likely push it over the edge.

-----Original Message-----
From: EELReprah-in-aol.com
Sent: Jan 14, 2005 1:23 PM
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Speaking of Parasites- mummichog

In a message dated 1/14/05 12:32:37 PM, Moontanman-in-aol.com writes:

<< I see mummichogs every time I go fishing, I use them as bait. In my
experience they really do need significant salt to survive. >>

I never could keep Mummichogs without salt until I installed an automatic
water change system. Since then they are thriving. Seems strange since they seem
to tolerate pretty bad water in the wild.

Lee Harper
Media, PA USA
/ http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html To subscribe,
/ archive-in-http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/