RE: NANFA-L-- wetlands help

Crail, Todd (tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu)
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:31:02 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C571D0.00B4AFD9

I guess what would be most helpful is knowing your purpose, or what the =
intention of your question is. =20
=20
I don't really buy the words "good", "bad", "important", etc any more, =
and have tried to remove them from my vernacular. Especially after the =
tripe they published in Discover about exotics (which I feel they =
illustrated their bias effectively by criticising bias with marginal =
arguments, zero data, and thus demonstrating their implicit bias lol). =
And above all, their choice to use the word "truth" in the freakin' =
title. Is this science? I think not... sounded more like faith to me. =
But I digress... ;)
=20
So what's the purpose? Are you trying to reduce organic / inorganic =
nutrients? Are you trying to remediate gray or waste water? Are you =
trying to favor a plant or animal community? A combination of these? =20
=20
Or is this just another DNR and DNAP buy-off for some developer trashing =
an intact habitat to "construct" a brand spankin' new one? 'Cause you =
know, that's an even trade...
=20
Todd
The Muddy Maumee Madness, Toledo, OH