Re: NANFA-L-- Re: NC natives online

Patrick Rose (pncwd-in-picusnet.com)
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:27:14 -0500

I will take a closer look-in-that site when I get a chance but depending on
what info I find on the links on that site it looks like what I was looking
for. So thanks in advance.

I would like to add and apology to Mr. Rohde, I made a comment about not
being enough color photos in the book, well I had made that comment off of
memory and memory did not serve me correctly. There seems to be more color
photos in the book than I remembered. I would like to know about a second
edition if there is one coming any time soon. That is or seems to be one of
the only reliable books for North Carolina fish that I have seen. Although a
Carolinas book might be better versus putting the VA, DE, and Maryland fish
in the same book.

I had to dig out the book from my move and find the correct answers to some
of my questions. Now that I am getting closer to knowing about the fish I am
looking for I would like to know if any one has any of these already in
captivity. I would be interested in getting a few if-in-all possible. I know
most are on the titer totter list but if I can get ones that are already in
an aquarium then they should be set without troubles.

Does anyone know what the restrictions are for catching wild fish that are
on the special concern list versus the endangered list. Can I catch them
without getting in trouble for having them. If not then who would I be able
to get a permit to catch them from.

My first focus will be the Lake Phelps killifish, then maybe the others but
that will come in time and money.