Re: NANFA-- 2 new "Inland Fishes" books

James B. Ladonski (jladonski_at_fieldmuseum.org)
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:02:27 -0600

<x-flowed>
Would we do anything for the states that had good books come out the last
ten years or so? Is there anything we can do in those cases (like
Tennessee, just to name one), or should we focus on the states that are
lacking a centralized source (like Georgia)? It would be great to have a
comprehensive volume out for everything, but I don't know what we could add
to a state like Tennessee, except maybe updated range maps for recently
introduced species.

Maybe we should consider making this project web-based. That would allow
for up-to-the-minute content (range maps, new species descriptions, T&E
status listings). Maybe a page for each state, with standardized format
for easy cross-reference. I think this would be extremely valuable for
NANFA members, the public, researchers, agency types - the list goes on and
on. Is this beyond our abilities?

Jamie

At 01:29 PM 2/13/02, you wrote:
>What helps me more than anything are the overlay maps of the waterways.
>When I can see the connection between a fish and a river system, the range
>makes a lot more sense. I'm a fan of any project that shares this sort of
>info.
>
>Steven A. Ellis
>Kennesaw, GA

</x-flowed>