Re: NANFA-- LA visitor request

James B. Ladonski (jladonski_at_fieldmuseum.org)
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:46:37 -0600

<x-flowed>
You should check out the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County:
http://www.nhm.org/
(ichthyology page - http://www.nhm.org/research/fishes/index.html)

Try contacting one of the collection managers, perhaps you could get a
collection tour (I don't know, but it might be worth a shot). The fish
collection is one of the largest in the US. I'm sure they are as busy as
any other museum staff around the country, but maybe you can use your NANFA
credentials! Even so, the museum itself should be more than enough to keep
you occupied. I've never been to it so I can't say - has anyone visited it
recently?

Jamie

At 11:37 AM 2/26/02, you wrote:
>Does anyone recommend any natural history museums, sites, excursions, etc,
>in the Los Angeles metro area? I'm looking at the Page Museum/La Brea Tar
>Pits and Aquarium of the Pacific for starters.
>
>--
>Jay DeLong
>Olympia, WA

>/ Association"
>/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
>/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org

</x-flowed>