Re: NANFA-- (1)Pictures from reefbuilder

kahley7 (kahseven_at_ptd.net)
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 05:42:31 -0500

<x-flowed>
At 07:23 PM 1/15/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Kahley-
>
>I cannot believe those pictures are from the Susquehannah!
>
>I know you told me that the river is clear above a certain point, but that
>water looks very inviting. Nothing like the rivers around here, which look
>more like chocolate milk than water.

Yep, and the odd thing is, the North Branch which joins this water just a
couple miles
south is nothing like this except in extreme drought. You can see that the
really
crystal conditions aren't consistent. The early season pictures show the
siltiness
of the bad flood we had in early June and the late season shots show the green
of the floating algae. I wish I would have taken pictures in '01 or
'00. Those were
drought years and the water held clear because there were no rainstorms until
the algae growth started.

Now you know why I love it here so much <grin>

>Geoff Kimber
>Lexington,KY
>
>(once from Binghamton,NY)
>/ Association"
>/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
>/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org
</x-flowed>