Re: NANFA-- Keeping wild daphina

Michael Canady (canady1538_at_msn.com)
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:12:09 -0700

If miracle grow has any accumulative chemicals, I wouldn't.
That stuff would bio-accumulate in the daphnia,
and then become even more concentrated in
the fish you feed them to. It probably wouldn't
show up fast, but it may shorten the life or effect
the reproductive process of your fish.
-Luke
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Flowers
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 8:14 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Keeping wild daphina

The Daphnia that I have tend to "bloom" in the spring and slowly die
down in the summer. I am keeping them in 2 plastic barrels and feeding
one with number one baby food, usually carrots or sweet potatoes. The
orange coloring makes them stick out. Every winter these barrels freeze
solid and in the spring the Daphnia come back.
I may try what Moon suggested and add some miracle grow to one of the
cultures.

Bill

-