RE: NANFA-- Looking for new N. Ohio fishes

Nicholas J. Zarlinga (njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com)
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:00:26 -0500

Brian, your right in my back yard and I didn't know it! I live in Bedford
too, you, me and Rob Carillio need to hook up soon. Rob has lots of sites
east of Cleveland that he is good at. As a matter of fact, him and I are
going to be scoping out some sites for a NANFA/Cleveland Aquarium Society
trip going on May 11. Hit me off list if you need more details and how we
can hook up. Anyhow, I have caught logperch down in the Cuyahoga on hook
and line right under the Rt. 82 bridge. I have also caught bunches of them
in the Chagrin. They are not too hard to find. Also, a friend of mine and
I got a baby rainbow trout (not steelhead yet) in a small tributary of the
Chargrin late summer last year. I even got a brookie last year!
Greensides are abundant in the Chagrin also. A friend and I just caught
one of the nicest ones I have ever seen over in Newbury, Chagrin drainage
again. Chagrin and Grand, two of the best places around!

Nick Zarlinga
Aquarium Biologist
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
216-661-6500 ex 4485

"Fish worship... is it wrong??" (Ray Troll)

------