Re: NANFA-- a newbie to collecting (oops, sampling)

Roselawn Museum (roselawn_at_mindspring.com)
Fri, 09 Nov 2001 13:55:18 -0500

Hi Cameron

Two words...Paint Rock. In fact, I'm ready for another excursion in a
couple of weeks. I was toying with the idea of a return to either Paint
Rock (AL) or Soque River/Panther Creek on the GA side. I (we) would welcome
the company. Otherwise, Bruce Stallsmith can give you precise directions to
Paint Rock. I collect year-round. If you've got some insulated waders (and
lots of clothes), even the cold days aren't too bad. The key is to target
your fish and location ahead of time to maximize your success. That way,
you're not in the water too long. However, although I don't always follow
my own advice, I don't recommend going alone in cold weather. Hypothermia
is sneaky enough to fool you even when you're dry. If you happen to fall
in, you definitely want help nearby. Good luck!

Steven A. Ellis
Kennesaw, GA