Re: NANFA-- Random Thoughts...

Irate Mormon (archimed_at_netdoor.com)
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:46:39 -0600

On 3 Nov 2003 at 21:44, Todd Crail wrote:

> There was one benefit... Put the really purty leech we found earlier
> into a better light ;)

I have seen some really nice looking leeches in my travels. Some have herringbone/zebra stripes, others are a nice red color. But
then, I think copperheads are really beautiful snakes too :-) My wife forced me to kill one about a month ago - it came up into our
carport and was resting under a chair where my daughter likes to sit and read. A nice one, about 3 feet long. I had it secured snug
as a bug in my dipnet and wanted to release it into some nearby woods, but my wife INSISTED I shoot it because it might bite our
granddaughter, dogs, cat, etc. She was probably right, but it's still a damned shame. This year I have seen several venomous
snakes on my property - why this year, all of a sudden, I don't know. Most of 'em I was able to spirit away without anybody being
the wiser :-) But you do have to be careful - my son showed me a cottonmouth in tall grass at the upper end of our property, and it
was so cryptic that even when I exactly knew where to look I STILL had a very hard time spotting it, even when he pointed directly at
it. It would have been very easy to step on it or right next to it and never see it.

Prost,

Martin
Jackson, MS

--