Re: NANFA-- Missouri River Debate

Mark B (mbinkley_at_earthling.net)
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 21:54:42 -0400

At 7:58 PM -0400 10/2/00, Henry Deford wrote:
>Mark,
>
>Thanks, that is another good summary to help me understand what I was
>hearing for the only few parts I heard. It did sound interesting about how
>Missouri's Fish and Wildlife Org. his fighting the farmers for the land.

Actually, as I recall, the Missouri Dept of Conservation had generated data
to contradict what the US Fish and Wildlife was saying about the need to
assist wildlife by creating rises and falls in the river's level. The
local people were siting Missouri Dept of Conservation information to
contradict the US government plan.

Mark Binkley
Columbus Ohio USA <))><
mbinkley_at_earthling.net