RE: NANFA-- Keeping White Suckers alive

Crail, Todd (tcrail_at_northshores.com)
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 16:18:08 -0400

I've also wondered if burying the food in the substrate would work (while keeping the pigs busy with their own, of course)? Like chunks of shrimp/krill, clams or worms. Anyone tried this?

Todd
-----Original Message-----
From: njz
Sent: Sun 10/13/2002 9:46 AM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Keeping White Suckers alive

Try using a large diameter clear tube, such as the business end of a
hydroclean gravel cleaner, to get food down to your bottom feeding fish. Put
the food in the tube and the other fish can't get to it till it hits the
bottom. It helps to keep the other fish busy also with some surface food.
This reduces the problem of having to feed way too much to get food to the
less aggressive fish.

Nick Zarlinga

"If we ignore nature.....maybe it'll go away."