Re: NANFA-- Bluenose shiner news

geoff (gkimber2_at_alltel.net)
20 Sep 2003 20:49:44 -0400

You know, Chris-

You bring up a good point - one I have been thinking about for a while.
I looked on the nanfa website for info about P welaka and found a couple
of report of breeding them. I cannot find the reports at the moment,
but both were from some time ago. As I recall, the fish was being bred
so that it could be distributed to the hobby. Yet here it is, 10-15
years later and we're still having the same discussion.

Does this mean the fish will never be bred? who knows the future. if I
did, I'd buy a lottery ticket. I'm just sharing a thought that has been
rattling around my mostly empty head these last few days while the rest
of you have been making much more intelligent conversation about this
splendid fish.

Geoff Kimber
Lexington,KY