Re: NANFA-- Tank Stands

Ty Hall (tyhall_at_mia.net)
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:28:28 -0500

I would use 2x6's instead of 2x4's. My entire fish room (retail) is put together
this way. Stack the Blocks to the height you need and then build a ladder type
frame out of the 2x6's. Be sure that a cross piece lines up with the spot where
the ends of every other tank meets (center the cross piece so that part of each
tank rests over it.). If you where doing the tanks lengthwise, I would do the
cross pieces at the meeting of each tank. You only need to use a stack of blocks
on each corner and maybe in the middle of the total span, depending on the length
of the span. Lay the frame on the blocks, shim to level and set up the tanks.
Piece of cake. Easy to disassemble and move if you need to. Last tip, use pressure
treated wood and join with wood screws.

If you need more help contact me off list and I can draw you up a picture.

Ty